Yatzy is the popular dice game played in a variety of ways all over the world. This baKno version of the game was developed in 3D with a physics engine so the dice roll out of a cup and bounce on the table with realistic forces of nature.
The object of Yatzy is to score the most points by rolling five dice to compile various required dice combinations. Your score is easily recorded by clicking on the appropriate cell on the scorecard corresponding to the selected dice combination. The game includes five versions of Yatzy plus a variety of settings that allow you to customize your own version of the game. You can play Yatzy with up to six players, or you can play against as many as five computer opponents.
• Yatzy is a 3D game; you roll the dice by tapping on the cup, you tap on the dice lying on the table to use them in a combination and keep them out of the next roll, and you enter a score by clicking on an available box on the scorecard.
• You can rotate the camera in 3D around the table by sliding with your finger on the screen and you zoom in and out with a pinch gesture.
• The game includes 5 sets of dice, cups and tables.
• You can play solo or up to 6 players. You can choose to play against computer opponents.
• For small handheld devices, a special scorecard was designed that is split in two sections. It can be enabled in the settings tab.
• Hints to aid on viewing all possible combinations are shown on the scorecard after every roll.
• A special option can be enabled in the settings tab that enables you to shake the cup before rolling the dice on the table.
• A window confirmation was designed for the mobile version of Yatzy to make sure you tap on the right scoreboard box.
• The game comes with presets for "Classic", "Yatzy", "Generala", "Kniffel" and "Yacht", but many settings are available to play your own customized Yatzy. The following settings are available in the Settings tab: Number of Rolls per Turn, Forced Yatzy, Yatzy Wins All, Bonus Points, Maximum Yatzys Allowed, Points for Extra Yatzys, Joker Rule, Chance Box, One & Two Pairs, Three of a Kind, Four of a Kind, Full House, Small Straight & Large Straight and Roll Penalty Points.
• The game includes background music and special effects.