Music Pump is a beautiful and feature rich XBMC Remote which has been optimized for phones and tablets. You can fully control your XBMC Media Center and
media from / to XBMC.
XBMC Eden, Frodo and Gotham are supported
* Browse your XBMC library from your phone
* Browse playlists / file sources
* Browse addons on your android device (due to limitations in XBMC this does not work for all addons)
Music from XBMC to your device or to bluetooth speakers
Movies and TV Shows from XBMC to your device (requires unlocker)
Internal audio player
to play files locally and stream them to XBMC (requires unlocker)
light, dark (requires unlocker)
from XBMC to your android device (requires unlocker)
* PVR support (requires unlocker)
* Send Youtube videos from android to XBMC
* Send local videos and pictures to XBMC (using android share feature)
* Select subtitles and audio tracks
* Download subtitles
* Caching of music database for faster access
* Resume video files
* Show / Hide watched videos
* Mark movies / TV shows as watched / unwatched
* Lock screen support
* Headset remote support (play / pause / next / previous)
* Music rating support
* Virtual keyboard
* Support for Raspberry Pi
* Customizable remote buttons
* And much more...
Some advanced features are only available after purchasing the unlocker.
In XBMC go to System -> Settings -> Services and enable the following settings:
- Webserver -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Remote control ->Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
- Yellow server icon: Usually the option “Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC” has not been enabled in xbmc. For more info see
- How to force Refresh Music Library: Long-press on the server name and select refresh music
- Music or Video library is empty: In order to see your music and video files you need to enable the library function within XBMC and scan your music and video files to the library.
- By default the application uses a “local” queue for music playback: This has the big advantage of having a very flexible queuing system. However this has some limitations you may not like: You cannot control music playback from more than one remote at a time (which may be good since other family members can't clear your play queue by mistake), skipping songs using a hardware remote control won't work since only one song is in the XBMC queue. The unlocked version has a feature to use the XBMC queue to bypass these limitations.
- Playlists are not visible: In XBMC playlists must be in a special folder. See
If you have a problem / request please use the thread in the XBMC forum at
or send an email